jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Question for those of you with blogs

1. luisj305 profile image84
    luisj305posted 4 years ago

So I have a blog up but it has little content, and I dont know of much more I can add to it. It's a very simple topic and since I am stuck I thought of writing another one on another topic just so I can keep writing. Thinking if I comeup with something to add onto the first one, I will. While interlinking them to each other and hubpages.
    I'm just curious about having multiple blogs with little content, which I have yet to monetize as a result, ( half dozen pages and maybe 20 posts throughout) is this okay to monetize with adsense now? If I put together say, 20-30 blogs like this would it be worth it? Or should I focus on something that I can write about endlessly and keep adding content to regularly??
    Thanks to all in advance!

1. againsttheodds profile image84
      againsttheoddsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What you have done with the smaller blog is generally known in SEO as a "niche" site.  The larger specialized sites are known as "authority" sites.  There is a lot of debate over which is best, but different people have success with different approaches.  20 posts is definitely ok to monetize as long as you have the TOS page and privacy policy.  I think authority is best especially after Google's latest updates, but you may get lucky and rank well with smaller niche sites.  They definitely require less work.

1. luisj305 profile image84
        luisj305posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I have added the privacy policy now, but I can't find anything about adding a TOS page, where can I find this? I looked around the forums and google but nothing found.

2. luisj305 profile image84
    luisj305posted 4 years ago

Awesome, you have just gave me enough  to spend the day in google research mode,lol. I guess I will continue with "niche" sites until I can put together an "authority" site. Will go ahead and monetize now as well.

Thanks alot, againsttheodds.

3. KevinTimothy profile image87
    KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago

I'd say that the multiple blog approach would be your best bet. I find that the niche "dedicated" blogs draw the most traffic, and will get you better targeted leads. Try to dominate certain keywords in each niche for each blog. It works.

4. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 4 years ago

Make sure your blog template is SEO friendly!  If you click on one of your post and the blog title appears in the tab and not your post title your template needs fixing.  Also put your blog link in your profile here at hubpages.  I can view your blog and give you some tips.  Also putting your blog on your profile is an automatic back link and you will get more traffic to your blog.