jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Are there some fluctuations on your stats?

1. Mellonyy profile image79
    Mellonyyposted 4 years ago

Since 3 days my stats go down and down. What is the reason? I checked them yesterday in the morning, then 5 hours later they were 30 % down.

1. David Morrison profile image86
      David Morrisonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had the same problem too. I think that whenever you don't update for a while, google looks for newer updates from other people's hubs that are similiar to yours. Then maybe a couple months later, google will start showing your hubs in the top couple pages again.

2. nanderson500 profile image90
      nanderson500posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It always fluctuates. Don't panic if it goes down significantly, it will likely bounce back up later. Same with the hub scores, they fluctuate as well.

3. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The weekends have always shown this to me. Also, it depends on your hubs and if there is an interest spike on particular subjects that are short lived or even long lived.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Hubpages works on a rolling 24 hours; that means that it counts back EXACTLY 24 hours from right now. That means the stats will fluctuate during the day. The only reliable method of traffic data is Google Analytics.

You'll got less than 10,000 views too, so it's unlikely you have enough traffic to see a definite pattern as yet.

1. David Morrison profile image86
      David Morrisonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow...you are like a hubpages scientist!!! smile Very helpful

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I think site updates and tweaks of one sort or another either by HP or the big 'G' affects patterns also. Didn't the big 'G' just do some sort of page rank update?