jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Do Hubbers'views count as page views for. HP ad program?

1. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

I have never been quite certain whether  the views within subdomain count as page views for HP ad program.

brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

bump

1. joyfuldesigns profile image81
        joyfuldesignsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm curious too....

Somebody please answer. I don't want to pose it as a  question, because it is supposed to be asked in forum

2. pinappu profile image77
    pinappuposted 4 years ago

Why not?
    I think the hubbers view is also counted. I think it depends upon how Adsense values the views and to Adsense, I think hubber or not does not matters.

Hi - I meant for the HP ad program which is page views.. Adsense is per click, and we are not allowed to click on ads. It can be confusing.

3. sportsfather profile image61
    sportsfatherposted 4 years ago

Yes, it does count.  If you haven't started with Google Analytics, do it.  It gives you so much info in terms of what type of traffic you are getting.  It will tell you if you are getting views from search engines, hubpages referrals, direct traffic (people who actually have a direct link to your hubs), links from other websites, etc. 

But remember, not all page views are created equal.  Adsense (and therefore Hubpages) would rather have 100 different people view your pages one time than one person view your pages 100 times. 

If you REALLY want to dig deep, Google Analytics shows you bounce rates, new vs. returning visitors, etc.  But that's a topic for another question.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Most HP ads don't show when you are signed in. It was kind of a shock for me when I recently signed out and then visited one of my hubs...

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not complaining, btw. Based on CPM, whatever HP is doing certainly seems to be working!

working