jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Relationship Ad Program Impressions, Analytic Visits, Page view Stats

1. janderson99 profile image84
    janderson99posted 4 years ago

Can you confirm this relationship and how the data is affected by 60:40 sharing.
    Recently my analytics visits data has flattened out but the ad impressions still shows the prominent weekly cycle (30% down on weekends). This only occurred recently and I was wondering why it occurred.
    I presume Analytic Visits, Page view Stats reflect total visits to the page, whereas ad impressions would only be for the 60% of the impressions because of revenue sharing.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As I understand it, HP does not assign their code to only ads; it is on the visit as well.  That's why HP stats are always higher than analytics.

If you use HPads, I would suspect that with HP assigning ads themselves that those adsense ad view numbers are going to be virtually worthless - you never know if there will be 1 or 5 adsense ads on a page.  For all we know it is affected by time of day, location of visitor, and/or day of week.

janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am assuming the 'Ad Program Earnings Impressions' refers to the number of pages your ads are presented on (not five times the number) - whether they are adsense ads is irrelevant. The number of impressions seems to roughly correspond with analytics views (or 60% of them) but recently analytics does not show weekly traffic pattern - just wondering why?

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
          Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're correct that Ad Program impressions refers to (roughly 60% of total) pageviews with ads. Because of this, Ad Program impressions may not reflect every change you see in general Hub traffic.  If you compare the numbers over a longer period of time, the 60:40 divide will be closer than if you compare day vs. day.

Thanks for clarifying that.
            Cheers,

Are the splits in impressions for HP and the hubber evenly split over the days of the week. ie 60:40 for each day?
              If not it would explain why my analytics traffic profile is flat, but HP traffic shown distinct weekly cycle.

working