jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Newbie needs advice!

1. Sami theshark profile image59
    Sami thesharkposted 4 years ago

Ok so after a lot of thought I wrote my first book review and put it out there. I don't know how to work the whole pages as I am not great with computers, I would love to write more reviews but i would like to know how I can get traffic through my hub.

I also need pointers to where I am going wrong!? All comments welcome!

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile Promoting your Hub(s) is your responsibility. There are a lot of Hubs and forums that have idea's and suggestions about 'generating traffic'. Use the Search bar at top left. Pay close attention to where you promote as you can get dinged by the big 'G' wink they don't like 'bad neighborhoods'. Secondly, you can always read other Hubs to help develop your own style of writing and format ideas.

3. Guy Foxe profile image76
    Guy Foxeposted 4 years ago

Hey Sami,

Dame Scribe gives some good advice.  A good way to get some traffic is to start by reading other people's hubs who have similar interest to yours.  So look at some other book reviews for the same or similar books and leave feedback on what you think of them--engage with other hubbers (like I doing right now for example) and get involved.

Other hubbers and readers, as they see you adding useful information or feedback to their hubs will show their appreciation by looking first at your profile and then at the hubs you have written that interest them.  Even if they disagree with what you say about the subject, as the saying goes there is no bad publicity.

As you get more hubs published you will have more to offer and more readers will follow you, etc.

And just keep working at it.

Good luck.

4. daskittlez69 profile image79
    daskittlez69posted 4 years ago

I have to agree with Guy, on this one.  It takes time.  Just write about what you like.  And get involved with the community.  Traffic will come.

5. Sami theshark profile image59
    Sami thesharkposted 4 years ago

Thanks folks, this is all very new but it is something I think I could get slightly addicted too. I have read a lot if really good hubs and can see some good tips already. Cheers folks