jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Box for comments encourages then deletes comments - so discourages

1. profile image60
    babsinvaposted 4 years ago

Which is it?  The comments box on a page or hub seems to encourage comments, but then after posting a comment IT APPEARS THAT IT TOOK, and then later deleted by Admins or the system.  SO you encourage posting OR YOU DON't encourage posting?  I'm confused.

IT says no promotion of other hubs or yourself, or other sites, YET IT SAYS hyperlinks will be displayed although HTML will not.  HOW CAN YOU possibly have hyperlinks IF you conistently erase posts.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I personally will usually delete links in comments. I have various reasons, however, it is up to the author of the hub to do this or not.  I do not like my hubs to be a source of backlinks for others via the comment box.

1. profile image60
        babsinvaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If someone posted a comment in my section, I would NOT remove such post, because links help everyone.  Outgoing links and incoming links help with Google placement, as long as there is no "stuffing" and over placement of unrelated links.

2. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

It is up to the author of the hub to decide whether to accept or reject a comment.

Some authors have a policy of not accepting any comments with links in them, so as not to give any potential opportunities to spammers.

1. profile image60

Obviously it's not spamming IF the quality link is related and right on subject.

There ought to be a feature that says NO COMMENTS or disallows hub writers from having any comments posted IF that is in fact what they wish to do on that hub, so it does not show at all.

1. WriteAngled profile image92
        WriteAngledposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you've signed up here hoping to promote your sites through hub comments, you are going to be very disappointed.

As a hub author, I am happy I have total control in what I permit to appear below my hubs.

I accept many comments but also disallow some, which are spammy, very illiterate or senseless. I would allow a link in a comment if it points to a very authoritative site, for example, National Library of Medicine or BBC, or if I am otherwise satisfied it is of value.

In other words, in comments I accept the sort of links that I would feature in the main text of my hubs, and no others. I would assume many other hub authors have the same policy.

1. Horatio Plot profile image84
          Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is a good policy WA. In fact, if I may, I think I shall adopt it as my Official Links Policy.
          It's always good to have an official policy or two.
          Thank you.
          Happy Hubbing
          Horatio
          x

2. profile image60

@WriteAngled, No I did not sign up to promote my sites.  I wanted to leave a comment, BUT it would not allow commenting unless I sigedn-up, then I had to verify my e:mail.  It does not give you a choice to comment without signing up.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
            Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Leaving a comment without joining HubPages depends on what options the author of the hub has chosen. We have the option of whether or not to accept guest comments.

working