jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

I know the 30 day challenge works well

1. Green Bard profile image91
    Green Bardposted 4 years ago

I have just opened my third account here and thought that a great way to start getting traffic for my account is to take the 30-day challenge so that is what I am doing!

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Good luck!

3. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

Good luck, I found the ladybird spider hub very interesting and would encourage others to read it.

Green Bardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, WryLilt and CASE1WORKER!  I have been so busy I missed seeing your kind comments!

4. 0
    DigbyAdamsposted 4 years ago

Here's hoping third time's a charm. Good luck on the challenge.

Thank you, Digby!  Yes, it would be wonderful if third time lucky comes true for me!

5. Stephen Govoni profile image60
    Stephen Govoniposted 4 years ago

Good luck on the challenge! I'm new here and starting one as well!

6. Green Bard profile image91
    Green Bardposted 4 years ago

I have just completed 30 hubs!

7. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

Congrats, Bard.  Hope the payoff is huge!

8. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

What is the criteria you are using to judge if you were successful?

Thank you, wordscribe43! Well, Rae, hopefully I'll see some money coming in eventually but I am pleased with what I have done for this hub account so far.

9. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

So, having had two other accounts that you don't consider successful over the course of several years, how long are you going to allow for "eventually?"

Well, I learned when I first started  at HubPages that you need to wait many months before regular money starts coming in. In my case it was over a year but I have seen that this is the case for others too here so patience is needed and I have plenty of that!  Of course, I would love to see payments coming a lot quicker for this site. I have had to consider a few things, namely that maybe my original account became too diversified in what I was writing about, my second account was focused on Tenerife but it seems that not that many people are searching for info on the island that isn't already provided by far higher ranking sites that are already established. I was actually warned about this by a businessman and site owner on the island that I used to work for. I should have listened but didn't. So with this account I thought I would keep it focused on 'green' subjects:  herbs, health, foraging, conservation, wildlife etc. I have had a lot of really great comments and was nominated for Hubhuggets so am really pleased about all that!  I also love the new look and am hoping this will help. Doing the 30 hubs I just completed was to give this new account a good start and  I think I have done that, how I will have to see if my efforts are rewarded. I am optimistic!

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you think that by making an account on "green" topics, you will run into the problem of having lots of competition from already established sites with higher ranks that provide the same sort of info?

Maybe, Rae, maybe, but of course I hope not!  I have often seen the advice of writing about what you know about and finding your niche and that was what I was thinking when I started this. But I take your point.
          Thank you, snakeslane!

2. snakeslane profile image81
        snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations Green Bard, I wish you well.

working