jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Maddie Ruud-Type Traffic

1. Reg Brittain profile image59
    Reg Brittainposted 8 years ago

Hi Fellow Hubbers!

I am very keen to write great hubs and garner financial benefit from HubPages.  I have posted a request pertaining to how to get traffic like our hero Maddie gets, assuming one has written great hubs.

I welcome any and all answers to my request, which is here -- http://hubpages.com/request/9023/best

Thank you,
    Reg

1. kerryg profile image86
      kerrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, you could start by reading Maddie's hubs on the subject:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Success-on-HubPages
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Topics

Reg Brittainposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.  I have read those, and I refer to them almost daily, as they are quite helpful.

There is more to it.  And I know with time, Maddie will write more hubs related to the subject.

2. xtraTiny profile image61
    xtraTinyposted 8 years ago

Thank you.  Good ideas there.

3. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Just a suggestion, but is that really a picture of you holding the check on your avatar?  People might be more likely to look at your hubs if you had a picture that did not look like an ad.  I am sorry to say this, but what strikes me when I see your pic is the old advertisements for Publishers Clearing House, or the fake lottery websites.  I am not trying to be hard on you, but maybe a more inviting avatar would be a bonus smile.

That really is me, and it's a moment in my life I am very proud of, and the check has nothing to do with selling anything, except maybe a bluff.  In fact, I'd write a hub that puts the pic in context, but I didn't come here to write about poker and possibly break the rules.

I appreciate your suggestion, but it is honestly somewhat superfluous to my question.  When I start getting substantial search engine traffic, if analytics tells me that people are clicking away from hubs without reading, I will consider changing the pic.  (Thus far, this does not seem to be a problem, as I am getting Adsense and Amazon clicks from the search engine traffic my meager, young collection of hubs are receiving.)

My question is about traffic, not people reading.  Writing something people will read has been quite well answered by the hubs of Maddie, Paul E., and others -- a fact for which I am very thankful.

And let me say, I am very happy with my traffic to date.  Getting read at HubPages is very rewarding.  I am ecstatic that I finally came to HubPages.

1. SweetiePie profile image85
        SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It is a little sad you see this as a superfluous comment, and maybe you should rethink your statement.  You were looking for genuine feedback, and I offered the observation that came to mind.  The picture is you, so now I am sorry I said anything, but many times when people have checks on there avatars it is not always them.  However, keep in mind my intial reaction to the avatar might be the same reaction others have, but my opinion is of no importance to you I see.  Also, not to gloat, but I have been on this website for two years and do pretty well with search engine traffic, so I do not offer advice just to be silly.  By the way, you could write a hub about your avatar as long as you are not telling people how to gamble per sae, it could be more of a story.  Many have done this before.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I did not see him asking for a feedback on his avatar Sweetie big_smile

big_smile  Reg reaches out to hug Misha, and Sweetie, and all great hubbers.  big_smile

2. SweetiePie profile image85
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You need to let this discussion be between him and I smile.  Also, he did come across asking for feedback.  I sort of think if another lady hubber said this you would not comment as you are always a little too critical of me. Awhile back one hubber pointed out others should not get in between discussions.

5. Reg Brittain profile image59
    Reg Brittainposted 8 years ago

Oh, my.  I am not here to be contentious or ruffle feathers.  I simply want to be a topnotch hubber, and be true to myself.

There are many great hubbers here, and I respect anyone's ability to stick with this for two years -- and garner and maintain a hubscore of 100.

In my scant few weeks here, I have come to see Maddie as the gold standard for hubbing success.  (Several of her hubs have 1000s of comments.)

And so, I am hopeful of receiving answers to my original request, and I am willing to wait, if it be that only Maddie can answer it.

Here is the link to the request again, if that helps -- http://hubpages.com/request/9023/best

I want most to be an asset to this very cool community.

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Another lady hubber wouldn't smile

And this is a public forum, and everybody is entitled to take part in a conversation smile

Just to reiterate the point, he did ask for feedback, but not on his avatar smile

Edit, after you edited your response.

If somebody needs to stop here, this is you. Like on this thread, you often come criticizing others, and immediately take a defense when called out on this. Stop please smile

working