jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Resolved: "Search" function exclusive to the Learning Center materials

1. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

Tonight I was hoping to find information in the Learning Center specific to tags. It would be great if I could search just the Learning Center instead of browsing through the 1000 hubs that are coming up in the general search. This function would help lots of newbies and olides alike who have questions on specific aspects of HP. Forgive me if this type of search is possible and I'm simply unaware.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi, SmartandFun -

Did you scope the search results?  That is, after clicking on the search box and getting the pages of results, did you click on one of the items in the box on the right side of the page?  It took me a long time to notice that extremely useful feature.  However, I'm not sure exactly where the Learning Center entries would fall - probably under Help, but I'm not 100% sure.

2. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

SmartAndFun, Aficionada is correct. If you use the search box in the header, you can filter your search with the "Scope This Search" options on the right. One of these is "help." This limits your search results to matching entries in our FAQ and Learning Center.

Now, the user interface of search being easier to use, that's a different suggestion (but one that I do have on my radar screen to get done this year). ;-)

Hope this helps.

3. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

That is great to know. Somehow I didn't see the 'help' icon or if I did I didn't put the two together. (Duh) Thank you!

Closed to reply