jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Resolved: Learning Center post explaining tags in depth

1. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

There are lots of questions and questionable hearsay-type answers in the forums concerning hub tags and exactly what they are used for. I would love to see some hard and fast answers from HP on this subject. Also, how many tags are too many or not enough, whether or not they are seen by search engines, multiple-word tags vs. one-word tags, whether or not tags are used to choose hubs in the "Discover More Hubs" section, etc.

2. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

SmartAndFun, thanks for the suggestion.

We're in the process of removing tags from the site. They're not really used widely on the web any more. You may have noticed that when we released the new Hub design in early June, we stopped showing them on the Hubs. And soon, they will be removed from the Hub Creation process as well.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, I for one won't cry crocodile tears over their demise.  I've always had trouble finding enough tags that were truly germane to the subject.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is this just for new hubs, or will tags disappear completely from all of our work that now appears online?

1. MickiS profile image94
        MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tags will be gone for all Hubs.They're going away as a feature altogether on HubPages, TimeTraveler2.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

Hmm, I think this means that I need to review my hubs and make sure that my tags are used in my hubs as keywords. I know I should have been doing that anyway, but I'm sure that especially my earlier hubs are missing this.