jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Have over 350 articles written. Can I use these on Hub?

1. professorjeff profile image60
    professorjeffposted 4 years ago

I've been writing for some time and have over 350 articles written. It would be a shame and a waste of time to write them all over again to avoid plagiarizer myself. What's your suggestion? Thanks.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm no expert, but as I understand it, if they are posted elsewhere on the internet, you will have to take them down and wait for them to be de-indexed before you can publish them on HubPages. If they are not published on the internet, and you are the true owner of them, it's OK to post them on HubPages.

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image98
    Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago

You may not have a choice. if you've already published them elsewhere, it's against the HP TOS to publish them here. Plus the duplicate filter will catch them. You're only choice is to rewrite them, unpublish them or write knew ones. sad

The other thing you could do would be to write "sub articles." Write more articles on the same subject, but a different or more detailed aspect of the subject.

professorjeffposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Figured as much. Thanks much.

3. 60
    nsumayaposted 4 years ago

I'm facing same delima. Anyway, I'll just write new ones.

4. Greekgeek profile image95
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Google penalizes sites that have lots of content found elsewhere. And if it's your own content, posting it on multiple sites could cause Google to downrank it so even the original gets less traffic.

Hence Hubpages' TOS. Most reputable publishing sites have added a "no duplicate content" rule lately to avoid getting dinged by Google.

It may seem like a lot of work, but if it were a traditional book, consider what Simon & Schuster would do with your manuscript if you'd already published it with Houghton Mifflin. smile

professorjeffposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, when the billion dollar beast speaks, people listen. Damn that Google! lol Point well taken, but going from Hub to Simon & Schuster and Houghton Mifflin is going from troposphere to mesosphere. ;o)

5. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

When I first started here, I used an article that came straight from my blog.  I got dinged for duplicated copy.  So I wrote the piece over and published it on HubPages.  I have written work hanging around my home, but I don't care to get more mileage out of them by doing rewrites.  That's up to the writer.  Personally, I don't like going down Memory Lane.  I like the current stuff that I create.