jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How do you use your Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools stats?

1. Redberry Sky profile image93
    Redberry Skyposted 4 years ago

I’m still finding my way around these, and I mostly only look at the most basic things like which Hubs do best in search and the ‘query terms’ in WT (and of course I’m transfixed by GA real-time!).  Does anyone use GA and WT in more interesting ways – and has anyone written a good Hub on good ways to use the ‘Custom Reports’ feature? 

Cheers (and sorry if this question has been asked to death before and I’ve missed it).

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

GA is not real time.

Redberry Skyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There's a Real Time part of it - where it has on the top orange bar 'Home' 'Standard Reporting' and 'Custom Reporting', if you click on 'Home' and then click on 'Real Time' in the left-hand menu, and then just below that click on 'Overview' you'll see in real-time the visitors on your site.

It looks like this:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6935033_f248.jpg

(if I've uploaded that right!)

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ooooh thanks, learn something new every day! Although since it changed to the "new look" I admit I don't use it as much.

It's really fun (if not a lot of use!) - but it's *incredibly* addictive - well, not so much with my small amount of traffic, maybe in time ... !

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I check traffic sources, patterns, keywords and their effectiveness, bounce rate, etc.  Sometimes I check Real Time, which can be interesting to see what people are viewing, and their location..

I check Webmaster Tools for search queries, keyword significance and how they rank,  incoming links.
    It now has a new feature which allows you to download a chart of your most recent links, which can be helpful.

If you do a site search, you'll find various hubs written.  Some of them may have outdated info.  I usually go straight to the source to find out how to best use the resources. 
    http://hubpages.com/search/how+to+use+google+analytics

Thanks RebekahELLE, I'll check all that out smile

working