jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Post weekly? Monthly? Daily?

1. alwaysamom profile image59
    alwaysamomposted 4 years ago

Im a very new Hub-ber.  This is my first week!
    How often is it recommended to contribute a new post???

Also, I have began typing a new Hub and saved it to return to later to complete and then Post.
    How long will that be saved??? 

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile I would recommend that you set your writing, research and promotion schedule to YOUR levels of comfort. You will get many different answers from many different authors smile we all work at our own pace wink whether frenzied or sedate. Just go at your own pace. Saving your Hubs unpublished, won't do any damage whatsoever.

3. tamron profile image61
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I post when I am in the mood.  Only because I put out better Hubs when I am in the mood.
    I have 4 blogs and one of my blogs I haven't posted for months but still get plenty of traffic.

I don't see much since in stressing out over Google considering each click only being worth a few cents.  Compared to a few years ago when you would see clicks for $1,$3, or more.

One time I got a $7 hit I probably will never see that again!

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it.

However, the harder you work, the luckier you get. big_smile

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Luck!!??  It's not luck - it's pure skill.  You can tell because I have no traffic. sad

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I must admit, intelligence and hard work does not seem to work a lot of the time. I'm seriously contemplating writing a hub on the stupidest subject I can think of, just to see what happens. Seriously, the results can't be worse than what I'm already seeing now.

5. KevinTimothy profile image87
    KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago

Post as often as you want, but its better to take your time and construct your hubs for quality. A quantity over quality approach would be a waste of time and it will hurt the HP community as a whole.

6. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

You have to figure out what suits you.  When I first started, I was "slamming" Hubs 7 days a week because I had two back to back 30/30 challenges going on.  When I built my base of 200 Hubs, I backed down and wrote one Hub per week.  Maybe two or three when I felt like it.  This month, I have not written a thing, but I have signed up for this week's WTI.  That can be found on the Forum, and there is a subject each week.  You go at your own pace, but once you get established, try publishing at least one Hub per week so that your readers remember you.  I am retired, and I wrote professionally in the past.  I have time to write into the night if I wanted to.  And, I have.  I don't suffer from Writer's Block, so I can write all I want.