jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Help with slide show views today?

1. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

analytics gives me a real puzzle today.  Visits are down slightly from yesterday, but page views are way up - almost double yesterday.  Pages per visit also nearly doubled, which partially explains the difference.

Investigation shows two hubs as the culprit.  The first one has 7 visits, but over 900 slide views.  The second has 2 visits with over 300 slide views.  Average time on page for the slide views is 0; normally my slides show at least 10-15 seconds time on page.

WTF is going on?  Who or what would cycle through 900 slides with 0 time per viewing, all on what was probably only one site view?  With only 7 pics on the hub, that's 130 complete slideshows in zero time!

I often see a few hubs with more slide views than hub views, but 130 X as many?  Ridiculous!

1. Living Well Now profile image79
      Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you used Google Analytics to drill down into your content?

Content>Site Content>Content Drilldown>/slide/   

This will give the number of pageviews, unique pageviews, average time on page, etc., for your slideshows. You can also drill  down and find out how many views each photo gets in your slideshows.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's where I got most of this information.  I just haven't figured out yet how to find out where individual slideshow views are coming from.  It should not be hard with that many of them, but I can't seem to get that information for todays traffic.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

A little more information comes out: one visitor from British Columbia came in via Yahoo for one visit but 498 page views that took exactly 1:00 minutes total.

Do robots use search engines? smile

I don't think I could click a mouse that fast!

3. Horatio Plot profile image84
    Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago

Ah Ha! I've just had the same thing. Total slide views of 419 in one day over 8 Unique Pageviews for a single Hub that has received slide views for the last month of.....Zero!. Average time on page, 00:00:00.
    Anything to do with the fact that HubPages are Beta testing a new ad format from Google in relation to slide show views? I wonder.
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/08/new-mo … lideshows/
    Hope so! And hope those ones counted!