jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What will happen if I create all my backlinks using the same IP

1. IndikaT profile image80
    IndikaTposted 4 years ago

Search engines like natural back links. So what will happen if I keep on creating back links using the same machine with the same IP address. Will search engines be able to track this down and will my page rank reduce?

1. TeachComputers profile image60
      TeachComputersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As long as you are creating links with useful content on a number of sites (and not spamming) you will be fine.

It does not matter what IP they come from, as in most cases, search engines will not know what IP posted which post etc..

IndikaTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, I was thinking about using different IPs (using a proxy) to generate the comments so that it will look natural to search engine. according to your answer I think I do not need to do that.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just a humorous side note. Try visiting Yahoo with a proxy server. They totally freak out when that happens.

2. 61
      nsumayaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

no your page rank will not reduce but search engine can track you down. But as TeachComputers said for as long as your not spamming your fine.

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 4 years ago

The backlinks you create become part of the domain (or IP address) they are placed on. It has little or nothing to do with the machine you use to place those backlinks, although your access IP could be tracked as well, but is of much lesser importance.

It's important that these backlinks be on as many different sites as possible. Also, the anchor text (the part of the link that is visible on the web page), should also be varied, from backlink to backlink, but needs to be fairly relevant to the page it's placed on, and the page it's pointing to. This is basic Search Engine Optimization at work.

IndikaTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot, this completely answers my question. SEO has changed its game drastically in recent time, so you have to be 100% sure that you are following the best practice. Otherwise you are wasting your time and doing damages to yourself. Thanks everybody again for taking time to clear me on this aspect.