jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What has happened to Suggest Links?

1. samsons1 profile image74
    samsons1posted 4 years ago

You use to be able to highlight a word or two and get a drop down of related Hubs.  That don't happen anymore for me.  I might get one 'community' style link, but nothing like it use to be with 8 or 10 related hubs you could choose to link too.  I just don't see the significance now-- What has happened...

1. Thelma Alberts profile image82
      Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep, I want to know as well. Maybe there's somebody who can explain about it.

2. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Glad you started this thread. I hadn't used the suggest links tool in a long time. The only thing I ever did use it for was brainstorming---some of the "suggestions" were so hysterical that they actually prompted me to write a few satirical pieces. I wrote a hub about that novel use for the tool, and the hub did fairly well. However, sadly, I have to unpublish the hub since the tool doesn't work in the "creative" way it used to. lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

My best guess...

The link tool was suggesting unrelated hubs. People were using those unrelated links and getting themselves in trouble as a result. So good-bye link tool... I, too, missed the memorial service as well.

3. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

I stopped using it many months back when I found it generated links that were nothing to do with what you had highlighted but I still was using it as an easy way of finding my own hubs so I could link to them on similar subjects. At present it isn't working at all well or wasn't when I last tried it.

4. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

I use the chain in the text box to find related hubs, especially my own.  Just highlight the term you want to use as a link and click the chain.. Good for Amazon products too.  smile

5. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

What Reality Bytes said. I never used it, because every link without a tracker leaving my hubs is money flowing to someone else. If I want to link to another good hub, I do. Not hubs that half the time are low quality.

6. Green Bard profile image90
    Green Bardposted 4 years ago

Sometimes you just have to go back to copying and pasting links you want.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are right, of course, but here was a HubPages "tool" that just got eliminated without notice to anyone (unless I missed that notice).

So, what happened is that I spent an hour or so going through my hubs, eliminating that one hub of mine that featured the suggest link tool and many other hubs of mine that linked to that hub.

I think I'm kind of pissed off.

I was promoting a HubPages feature, the feature disappeared, and I was left with the clean-up.

C'est la vie.