Amazon Question

1. elanger333 profile image87
    elanger333posted 4 years ago

Hello.  I have two questions.
    1. I signed up for the Amazon program and was having difficulty finding where to put the 50 word description. 

2. Is all you have to do is to enter either the key word or product in the capsule and it links to the Amazon Affiliates program?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have misunderstood the 50 word thing.  You are merely required to have 50 words somewhere in your text for each ad (not capsule - ad) that you present.  It is not necessary to have those 50 words in the capsule or ad, and no one does.  Just somewhere in the hub. 

This means that you cannot make a text capsule with 500 words and place 20 ads alongside.  HP would require that you have no more than 10 ads if you have 500 words (although that would be foolish - a more reasonable number of ads might be 5 for a 500 word hub)

Yes, all you have to do is enter a short phrase for a search or the amazon url for a particular product.  You might visit amazon, for instance, and pull up a vacuum cleaner.  Copy the URL of that page and paste it into the amazon capsule on your hub.

Do be sure to check and make sure your chosen products are being displayed; either save the amazon capsule or test the links while editing.  Sometimes it doesn't work well - I don't know why.

1. elanger333 profile image87
        elanger333posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much.