jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Using yahoo answers and other answer sites

1. Ethan Green profile image91
    Ethan Greenposted 4 years ago

I started using yahoo answers a while ago, with the long haul to level 2 so I can post links. What I am now wondering is does anyone have a rough idea of how often, and for how long you can use yahoo answers to promote one hub?

I've been maybe answering a yahoo question on average once a day for the past fortnight for one hub as an experiment, and so far no problems have arisen, and my views have increased. I do the same for one of my blogs, with no problems there either. But what would happen if I answered 2 a day? 5 a day? What would happen if I did this for a month, 6 months, a year? I nearly always get chosen as the best answer since I put effort into making it a really good answer, so this should not be a factor.

It's just the unknown aspect of whether or not Google's algorithm will ever think it's weird that there are 10, 20, 50 or a 100+ backlinks from yahoo answers to one hub or blog.

Secondly, can anyone recommend any other good answer sites for bringing in new viewers and building backlinks so the above question would not be such a potential issue?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

1. classicalgeek profile image87
      classicalgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When I was using it to build traffic (now I do it mostly for fun), I would put links to my own work in fewer than 20% of my answers. So far I'm in good standing.

2. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know of any Q&A sites as large and well-established as Yahoo Answers.  They have a high search engine ranking and users who find your answers helpful are likely to spread your links around the internet. That's how many of my webpages have gone viral in a short time.  If you don't have a lot of time to devote to backlinking, I would suggest sticking with a few sites that yield the best results rather than trying to spread your links around as many domains as possible.  Your mileage may vary.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

There are a lot of Q & A sites smile just use search. There are sites where you can make earnings too wink