jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

copyright notice - traffic?

1. dineane profile image83
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

I can't find the exact thread now (there have been a few) but I took Shadesbreath's advice and added a copyright notice to my hubs with a plea to use the link back to the hub itself instead of copy/paste. I added an original tracker for this purpose...what was this, a week ago? I've had 206 views from that tracker! Can that really be right? My statistics show fewer hubpages views for the same time period. What am I missing?

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image60
      ASHWINSPGAposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Miss Dineane someone once in one of those threads you mentioned about gave a link to this website about 2006DUPEFREEPRO.COM and it was really helpful in checking for you if anyone is using your work. All you have to do is copy some lines from your page or your url paste it and click compare and it gets for you all the duplicates. Its also free to download too. Maybe you can give it a try. It really very good.

2. dineane profile image83
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

Thanks, Ashwinspga, but I'm okay with how to add the notice and in fact did it a week ago. I think I figured out part of the faulty logic in my question.

I was assuming that all of the clicks on the copyright tracker would show up under traffic sources as from hubpages - but now it occurs to me that if someone lands on one of my hubs from google, and then clicks any link on that hub to another hubpage destination, the source probably does not change to hubpages, right? It would still be a google source. So comparing my tracker to the traffic sources stats was silly.

Still - 206 clicks in a week from the unique tracker that I set up to use only in the copyright notices....seems high since my overall traffic for the last week is just over 1200. Could it really be encouraging some link love? That would be cool ;-)

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image60
      ASHWINSPGAposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LINK LOVE... Thats a nice new word to add to the hubictionary
      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z180/5524800/thWorldwide-Link-Love.gif

working