jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)

Earnings pending?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Just to stave off the inevitable string of forum posts about the pending earnings... vent here

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
      Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Earnings pending is just like so many things in my life because I nearly always find I am waiting about for somebody or other, something that should be done to be completed, or someone who owes me to actually pay me!

2. CJWood71 profile image83
      CJWood71posted 4 years ago in reply to this

No panic here, I have nothing to vent about.  Sometimes it takes a little longer for hubpages to get their numbers, but they always manage to get them done.  The way I look at it, one of these times, I will sign into hubpages and see my earnings take a big jump when the missing days are tallied.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it must be very difficult for a staff of 21 to manage page view updates, etc for so many people.  Like most people, I get a little charge out of running to my computer each morning to see how many people have read my articles.  When that figure isn't there, it's kind of a letdown.  On the other hand, when catch up day arrives, it's like Christmas!  Nonetheless, we're already in day 5 and month's end is near.  I'd sure like to know where I stand as this has been my best month ever!

1. Brie Hoffman profile image80
        Brie Hoffmanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The thing is...it's nice to know because then you can gauge what needs to be done on your blog..what's working and what isn't.  Not knowing is like writing in the dark.  It doesn't help to get them all at once because those days are lost forever.  It's irresponsible I think.

2. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

I don't need to vent.  If my earnings don't move for a few days, I don't panic.  And I certainly don't sic the HubPages engineers on this so-called problem because they don't need my petty crap.  Retirement has taught me to be gracious.  Carry on, HubPages staff!

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Still, it's a clever way to direct the conversation.  Here's hoping the actual complainers and questioners see this thread!

4. Dale Hyde profile image86
    Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago

No complaining or venting here.  I know that it is now like three days pending I would presume as yesterday's is not posted either.

I am confident that HP will work out the glitches and payday will arrive as it has in the past for me.  It is cool to get the payout, but I certainly don't count on that in my budget. smile

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Why are we needing to vent about this? Don't people have patience anymore?

6. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

Nope. Doesn't seem so. Some folks would be leaning on their horns if they had one online.

7. MyWebs profile image86
    MyWebsposted 4 years ago

While I'm not upset or anything I would like to know what my earnings are. I'm now showing pending for 7/25, 7/26, 7/27 and 7/28. I think its a bit unusual for HP to get this far behind. But it's no big deal to me, it will get updated when they get caught up.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image80
      Brie Hoffmanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It drives me CRAZY when they do this.

8. aa lite profile image93
    aa liteposted 4 years ago

My stress levels have been rising for the past 3 days.  Yes I know they will catch up eventually and we will most probably see the earnings from the past 4 days tomorrow, but still.  I need my instant gratification!  I have had tens of people viewing my hubs without seeing my earnings increase by cents.  I cannot stand it!  HubPages owes me about 15 cents by now! 

Show me my money!!!!!!

1. MyWebs profile image86
      MyWebsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol smile . I believe I've made a little bit more than that, but probably not a whole lot more.

9. aa lite profile image93
    aa liteposted 4 years ago

Well it's monday...........Show me my money!!!!!

10. Brie Hoffman profile image80
    Brie Hoffmanposted 4 years ago

Very unprofessional.

11. imgreencat profile image60
    imgreencatposted 4 years ago

It seems we go through this at least once a month.  Does anyone work here, or is it just that whom ever is responsible for earning updates goes on vacation for the week?  I agree that it seems a tad unprofessional to say the least.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As I have stated numerous times, the delays are usually due to delays in Adsense and Ebay reporting. These delays are part of the reason we get paid a month later...it always works out in the end. Every single site I work with has had delays in reporting from time to time.

1. imgreencat profile image60
        imgreencatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good to know, now I can stop wondering what's going on.  All good things come to those who wait!

12. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

It really stinks when one is close to getting a payoff after the dismal results of publishing here. This means no ducats will come my way until September at the earliest!

13. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 4 years ago

I quit looking a long time ago.  When I get a deposit in my Paypal I'm happy smile

14. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I have always ended up with a payment by the end of the following month.  That seems more than reasonable to me.

working