jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is Hubpages ignoring me? Again?

1. knowl profile image62
    knowlposted 4 years ago

I've contacted them a couple of times to team@hubpages.com in the last week regarding my account verification, but no reply, is there a holiday or anything or are they ignoring me? Even though I was recommended Hubpages so far the first impression of this site is bad, I can't publish my first article and they're not replying my emails, so I chose to ask a Question, but the question is "submitted for publication" and has been like that for days. So my last resource: The forum. Is anyone else being ignored? I've heard of a lot of changes going on the site but I don't see how that has to do with me, I haven't published my first hub yet.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would not expect a reply until Monday. Usually over the weekend there is like a skeleton crew staff I do believe.  I would wait and see what happens on Monday and if no response try emailing them again. In the past I usually get a pretty prompt reply.  I have not attempted to contact them in quite some time however.

1. knowl profile image62
        knowlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok I'll try to contact them again and see what happens. Thanks.

2. BuffyGirl profile image80
      BuffyGirlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yay I'm glad I found this post through InBox search.  Now I know why I am also being ignored.  They should just say they don't work on weekends.  Then I wouldn't have been so stressed out thinking they weren't getting my emails.  There is no confirmation email system to let you know your email was received.  My problem is the phone verification code.  It never came to my phone even though I requested it twice....and that's the max!  There is no other option now to request a voice call instead or to give another number.  It just keeps saying they sent me the code.  I was very careful to make sure I put the correct phone number, including area code.   Maybe it has to be in a certain format?  like dashes or no dashes or parentheses around the area code?  I don't know.   There aren't really any instructions there or what to do if you don't get the code.  This is day 2 and I'm still waiting.  It's kind of a downer after working hours on a hub and looking forward to publishing it.  I wanted to call my bro long distance today and say hey!  look at my hub! smile  I hope they do answer tomorrow.

1. BuffyGirl profile image80
        BuffyGirlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

By the way, I am referring people on my website and I hope they don't end up getting a bad first impression because of this system apparently not working and no way to get help on the weekends.  Also, I'm frantic because I'm going to have to put my phone on the charger sometime today and I'm afraid I'll miss their call if they do call me today (Sunday).

2. BuffyGirl profile image80
    BuffyGirlposted 4 years ago

I'm bactracking to everywhere I posted about my problem.  It was my fault all the time.  My cell phone didn't have the text feature and I had forgotten when I ordered service that it was a separate feature. I just ordered it and got my verification code just fine because when I went back to try to publish again, I got a brand new popup asking for my phone number again. I hope this may help someone else who is a cell phone noob like I am.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Thanks for telling us how it worked out--glad you got it sorted smile