jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Received first Hubpages Payout today (yayyy!) & more...

1. hinazille profile image81
    hinazilleposted 5 years ago

Weirdly, just over a month ago, my views dropped by 90% overnight, and never recovered... but over the last 24 hours, the views have amazingly popped right back up, and I have regained my place in page 1 of google search results!

Just wanted to see what you, my fellow Hubbers, thought & also to give some reassurance that this can happen, so hold on for a while longer if you find your views have drastically declined!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats, more to come!

hinazilleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!! Looking forward to a regular income from Hubpages... just have to work on increasing the amount of Hubs I write...I see you have almost 300 hubs now! WOW... any tips on how I can get into the flow of regularly writing a Hub? Im thinking of centering my hubs manly on Health (as I have a Masters in Pharmacy), but that doesnt seem to be a niche that encourages earnings... what are your thoughts?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

about health, I think Google prefer the authority sites on that topic!

Some things to consider:
               >> choosing topics which you think might be of interests to many people!
               >> unique and quality hubs - informative with videos, images. You can use all the different capsules - poll etc.
               >> write with flow - meaning it is easy reading, easy to understand and the reader learned from the hub

great advice!! i try to implement these points into my health based hubs as they can often turn out to be very fact-concentrated...

2. tamron profile image53
          tamronposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have a degree you are considered to be authority in your field.  My advice is write your hubs in such away most people can read and understand.  Make your hubs to easily to understand medical terminology.

Health articles do well for earnings.   Use photo illustrations when ever possible and do not write long articles break your article up then link them back and forth to each other.  You will get a lot more traffic.

I also you ad to your hub profile what degrees you have and from where.

manyy, many thanks for your concise and useful advice - i will certainly put your points into practice, specifically the breaking up of big topics, and also listing my Degree on my Profile.

Thanks once again for your time smile

2. jeolmoz2 profile image57
      jeolmoz2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Like news and the advice...thanks hoping to get same one day very soon

3. profile image0
      DMartelonlineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I received my first one this month -- only took me 4 years LOL

Well heres to many more!!!

2. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Do you know you have an ad. for mouse poison on your hub on Warfarin?

Really???!

Just tried to check it out, but on my connection no Google Ads are showing. Warfarin was initially used as rat poison which is why Google probably put that ad there in the first place.

Any ideas on how I can remove or change the Google Ad?

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 5 years ago

Congrats on your first payout - best wishes on many more to follow smile

Thanks!! Looking forward to many more!!

4. Icematikx profile image61
    Icematikxposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice in the thread. I'm new and it helped me out smile

you are welcome!