jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is youtube making a mistake?

1. chinweike profile image45
    chinweikeposted 4 years ago

I saw a link in my google adsense account today which says your videos, i decided to try the link, followed some instructions and ads started showing on my few youtube vidoes.

Is that for real or .....

Anyone knows what is going on?

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Google has been allowing Adsense partnerships since they bought Youtube...

chinweikeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok, thanks Wrylilt,  is it same as youtube partner?

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I believe so; you earn on Youtube by integrating Adsense.

3. Helena Ricketts profile image97
    Helena Rickettsposted 4 years ago

I can't remember when it started but YouTube videos have been able to be monetized through AdSense for a while now.  At first I think they were sending out invites for people to do it. 

They are VERY picky with which videos you can monetize though.  I had one that was taken while I was creating a painting of a bridge that YouTube denied because there was copyrighted music in the background.  We were listening to the radio while doing the painting.

I also posted a video of a barbershop quartet that was singing inside our local Kroger store around Christmas.  They wouldn't let me monetize that one either because they were afraid of copyright issues. 

They are extremely strict with it but it's nice to get the few extra pennies.

I like to use some of my own YouTube videos in my hubs instead of other people's when I can because if they have the ads in them, it's helps add to the $ from YouTube.

chinweikeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a Helena. I was not sure because of the materials I read saying that you need to have videos that are bringing large amount of traffic.

working