jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

AdSense or HP's ad program, which is best for you?

1. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 4 years ago

I'm curious which ad program works best for you? Has anyone figured out why either AdSense or HP ads does better for you? Is it content related possibly?

Every time I turn off HP's ads and allow just AdSense to run it seems like I make only a small percentage of what I make with both HP and AdSense togather. I understand that HP's ads cannibalizes AdSense and I clearly see that with HP's ads turned on.

I read somewhere in the forums that HP's ad system pay both for views and clicks. Since I have a few high traffic hubs that probably explains why I do better with HP's system.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

HPads for me, by a good margin.

3. GA Anderson profile image88
    GA Andersonposted 4 years ago

Definately HP Ads - it used to be adsense until HP changed the page and ad layouts - once they did that my adsense from here tanked - totally. I do very well with adsense on my own sites because I control the ad layout - HP has done the same here (not faulting them) - changed the ad layout to one most productive for them.

That doesn't mean they shafted us - they gave us HP ads instead.

1. MyWebs profile image83
      MyWebsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I never thought about it until now but yes that totally makes sense. HP has changed the ad layout to one that is best for their own ad program which makes them the most money, *us* as well if we pick it.

So HP's ads cannibalizes AdSense as those premium spots are worth the most and get the most clicks. Which only leaves the crumbs for AdSense.

4. RecoverToday profile image86
    RecoverTodayposted 4 years ago

By far, HP program all the way.

5. friendlyaffiliate profile image60
    friendlyaffiliateposted 4 years ago

They both have their ups and downs

1. DreamyJadedChick profile image61
      DreamyJadedChickposted 4 years ago in reply to this

While I'm fairly new at this and I haven't earned much yet, I am doing way better with the HP ads.