jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

Where can I see my HubScore?

1. Icematikx profile image59
    Icematikxposted 4 years ago

Hi community!

I'm looking to join the HubPages community and begin writing great content! I've been told that I will want to get a hubscore of 75+ and keep it there. Where can I see my current hubscore, and what's the best way of taking it higher?

Thanks!

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your hubscore is the number on your profile.

Unless you want to promote your own websites with dofollow links, you don't get anything special from 75+. It does not increase your earnings or traffic.

If you write quality hubs it will end up within the mid 80s within a month or two anyway, without you doing anything else.

Icematikxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would like to benefit from the dofollow links as I have my own website. What are the best ways to increase my score quickly? I have written two lengthy unique articles already smile

Well for one thing, you can have two outgoing links to a site OR one RSS feed. So my first suggestion is to read the rules.

Then throw your hubs into the Extreme Hub Makeover forum.

Then create a Made For Pinterest image and see if you can generate hits that way.

But you won't hit 75 in less than 1-2 weeks anyway. And who cares? A handful of backlinks won't do much more for your site now than in two weeks. It takes hindreds of backlinks and good keywords to rank your sites well.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

You have only been here less than 2 hours, give it time. It will raise naturally.

Yeah indeed, just looking for ways in how to better increase my score smile

3. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

Hub Score is the score assigned to an individual hub. Profile or Hubber Score is the one you are asking about. (Just to get the semantics clear.)

Yeah thanks. I see you have a 100 hubber score - pretty crazy!

4. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

Your two hubs are neither unique nor lengthy. Their purpose is self-promotional, as nearly all of the links (RSS or not) point to your two owned properties, rifthunter and buildthepc.

The two hubs will be flagged soon enough as overly promotional.

Meanwhile, I see you just started another forum thread on Extreme Hub Makeover. What you are doing is spamming.

I recommended that the user do so in my above post.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
        Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I saw that, Wry, after I left my comment. And I understand. What I was looking at was intent, all of which is to drive traffic to the two owned sites.

That isn't my intent. I've just cleaned up some of the hubs and removed RSS feed from one of them. My role here is to earn some extra money with Adsense and build an audience that will follow me - not to spam smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image99

You still have three links to buildthepc from the CPU hub, a linking practice that is outside HP's TOS. Perhaps one of the links is in an RSS capsule (which I can't tell), but the result is to load the hub with links to your properties.

2. Sally's Trove profile image99

If you want to build a presence here, spend a good deal of time reading successful hubs to see how they are laid out, how they are written, and how they deliver what their titles promise. The best way to do that is to click on "explore", "hubs", and then sort by "best."

I don't mean to be too hard on you, but HubScore or profile score should be the least of your concerns. You need to write many articles (hubs) of worth here before you see any reward.

2. Icematikx profile image59

As you can see now, my hubber score has dropped to 29 - so I have no idea how the system works smile

1. Gamerelated profile image84
            Gamerelatedposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When you first start off your Hub score can be low.  Mine was in the low 20s for my first 2 days here.  As you can see my score is in the 80s and I have only been here for about 8 days.  Hub scores can change drastically as you write more hubs.  Just focus on writing good Hubs and your score will rebound.  Welcome to HubPages.  I like your avatar by the way.

5. Dale Hyde profile image85
    Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago

My advice is the same as offered by others...get rid of excessive links and self promotion.... set a goal to write hubs that will attract readers and set a goal that they be "x" number of words long, minimum.  A trip to the Learning Center is your best option to learn how to increase anything here on HP. I still spend time there myself, but then again, I am new around these parts. smile  Many factors effect your score here from what I have gleaned from reading hear and there and researching it on the site.

The Learning Center is easily found up there under your name if you float your mouse over your name.

Welcome to HubPages!

working