jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Christmas Card Column

1. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I was reading our local news website and I came across a story I thought some might find interesting.  Apparently it was written back in 1986, but I found parts of it amusing for even today smile.

2. compu-smart profile image81
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

A deffo Christmas card geek!  Not you SweetiePie.

3. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago

Is this meant to be a "give a Christmas card" thread? If so, 

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Solstice, Happy Hannukah, Season's Greetings, Happy New Year, etc (what did I miss?) to everyone with LOVE and PEACE, JOY and CALM OF NIGHT and all that kind of stuff !!! with many blessings! too.

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I thought this article was amusing and odd, very true Compu-smart smile.  Happy holidays Sparkling Jewel!

5. VioletSun profile image68
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

Andy Rooney is one of my favorite humorists- his article put a fun perspective on the myrad of holiday cards that can be found, and its odd how this was written in 1986 and it still applies to today. 

The cards that I sent out this year, had a raised picture of a dove, with a tiny rhinestone attached to the card, with a simple message of peace that said something like 'Peace in your heart, your home, the world..." it was very well recieved by friends.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like his articles too.