jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

My profile hub score keeps dropping - now it's 21!

1. Icematikx profile image59
    Icematikxposted 4 years ago

I have written three unique articles which are very informative, include images, don't link spam and are over 1,000 words. Yet, since I signed up, my hub score has dropped from 30 to 21...

I don't mean to sound pesimistic, but I like to achieve and work my way upwards. Right now it seems like I'm being punished for writing unique content sad

Help please!

1. Aficionada profile image94
      Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HubberScore tends to go up and down, and it is specifically designed so that it can't be gamed.  I have noticed that mine often dips right after I publish a Hub, but then it rises again. And when we publish a lot all at one time, it may possibly dip even further, until there's some way to assess reader and traffic response to the new Hubs.

Your best bet is to ignore it over the course of a few days, but watch what it does over the course of a week or two.

One other important point: one thing that Hubbers can control to affect their HubberScore is to be prudent about the rate of following other Hubbers. When a Hubber follows too many others in the course of a short time, the score will definitely plunge. It's best to judiciously space out following others.

PS - This last comment was simply a general comment based on what some of us have seen of new Hubbers in the past. It was not intended as a commentary on you or your current level of following other Hubbers, which appears to be just right.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You don't sound pessimistic, but to me you sound somewhat unrealistic.  Achievement and working upwards are both things that take time.  The only instant gratification you're going to find here is the ability to hit a button that reads "publish" and then have your writing on the internet (provided you don't mess up and admin puts your account on manual moderation).  Everything else will take a lot more time (you've been on the site less than one day as I type this) and a lot more writing effort and work on your part.

Also, as much as your articles are unique in the sense that they are original text created by you, they are not unique as topics or opinions that exist on the Internet.  There are much more established articles on the exact same topics that were written by sites or people who have better authority than you.  That means you've got a LOT more competition to get eyeballs.  You'll want to find things that are unique to you and your POV if you'd like to make it easier on yourself to start carving your niche.

3. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is your second post that I know in regards to this issue. You have been advised to check out the Learning Center as well as the FAQ on the site. It is an easy search process. I previously offered advice. to you.  But should your search abilities be on break or vacation, I have done this for you.

4. nanderson500 profile image89
      nanderson500posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well you're up to 60 now even though you have 0 published hubs so I guess things are starting to look up for ya. If you post some good hubs, over time your rating will go up considerably. It always starts off low.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile we all started in the same place and didn't become overnight sensations. It takes work. Write content, yes but also, promotion is YOUR responsibility. Use the search bar to find other forums and Hubs about generating traffic. The site has a treasure of information wink

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

As I said yesterday, it takes time... give it a week at least.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Right now your account has no hubs.  So either you haven't successfully posted them, or they have been unpublished and you need to find out why.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Five hours ago, he had three of them published.  I suspect he took them down himself.