jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Should low traffic hubs be deleted?

1. luisj305 profile image84
    luisj305posted 4 years ago

I have a few hubs that only see an average 15-20 views weekly. They have also never gotten out of the low 70's as far as hubscore goes. Should I delete them or give them a minimum amount of time to see if they eventually pick up?
    I have tweaked them around occasionally but it has only helped a little.
    Anyway do YOU have a standard score / average view count etc. you go by before deleting a hub that is not doing well?

Thanks for any feedback.

1. seanorjohn profile image80
      seanorjohnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm no expert but I wouldn't delete hubs getting 15- 20 hits a week. 100 similar hubs would give you 1500 -2000 hits a week. Why don't you write very similar hubs for each one and then link them. As an example I have written a hub about the best ways to get rid of mice and I really should now write a hub about the best ways to get rid of rats. Best of luck. I am a bit of a slacker - 15 hubs in 2 years. You and I must write more hubs before we start deleting them.

1. luisj305 profile image84
        luisj305posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your right about writing more lol, Thanks for the reply Seanorjohn. I'll see what I can figure out based on my current hubs. It's just disappointing when other hubs are seeing the same in a day. I'll keep trying to improve the weaklings, before creating similar ones that will probably perform the same. It doesn't look too bad with your example of 100 hubs though...I will be taking your advice. The hubs will live.

1. nanderson500 profile image89
          nanderson500posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, if they have been around for a few weeks and you've tried to improve them and they're still not picking up you might want to unpublish them eventually. I have some that are like that. It does seem to vary so much from hub to hub and sometimes there's not much rhyme or reason to it.

2. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

I've deleted plenty that seemed to get no views at all. Getting 15 - 20 views per week almost 3 a day is something and that can be improved. Give it time, it will build up. Else do some backlinking by writing more hubs on similar content.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think 15 -20 views per week is quite good.  I have many that don't get anywhere near that many views...but then I have some that are getting 1000 views a month.  Go figure!