jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Creating a Chat for Hubpages Users

1. MountainManJake profile image88
    MountainManJakeposted 4 years ago

It seems to me that Hubpages is becoming a pretty powerful social network. It actually has a purpose and the community is anxious for it to grow. I think that a chat function that would allow other users to communicate while online (similar to Facebook) would be a great idea. I am interested in the hubpages community's thoughts to it.

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That would be great in a normal atmosphere. But I think there would be many arguments and squabbles among writers.

2. MountainManJake profile image88
    MountainManJakeposted 4 years ago

I don't feel like that would be an issue.  Each chat should be private.  A one on one chat.  Follower among follower.  Like, for instance, you would both have to be following one another to chat.  Users could recommend hubs, exchange links, share ideas and become better writers.

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok I'm seeing it differently now. You convinced that it may help. If someone has a problem they just "unfollow"- right?
      It would create a social network and no one would be forced to join.

3. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

It's been awhile,  but there was a chat site for Hubbers started a year or 2 ago-somewhere, sorry I don't recall where-but it seemingly didn't fly.
    I joined in but there was little interest.

4. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

Personally, I doubt I would use it much, but I'm certain many hubbers would use it often.

5. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I have never found any "chat" services in the least useful and am not likely to try using yet another one ever again.

It takes forever to wait for people to type out what they want to say, and very often the result is not worth the wait!

In contrast, I can skim a forum thread at my preferred speed and at a convenient time and jump over contributions that are of no value or entertainment to me.

6. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

The main point of this site is to allow writers to write. Social interaction is a far secondary reason.

Having a proper chat function has been raised and tried dozens of times but never worked.

working