jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Newbie here

1. KristenN4Boys profile image77
    KristenN4Boysposted 4 years ago

A few questions: How much traffic should I expect to see per day as a new writer on average? 20-40 hits? 80-100?

Should I just keep reapplying for the Google AdSense?

How can I start getting followers? I guess it takes time with proving myself with my writing and developing an audience that likes my work and comes back regularly to read it?

1. peeples profile image88
      peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Until you are getting google traffic you can expect just hubpages traffic. So depending on how much you are putting out you could get any number of views. You will get followers as you write. Make sure you are active in forums, answers, and commenting on hubs. This gets your ideas and opinions out there so that people with similar views or those who just like your style will follow. Give it time! As for adsense just give them some time.

KristenN4Boysposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks peeples!

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The being active on the forums is a good way to get readers, that's solid advice. The internal, HP readers won't help you get adsense revenue, though, so it depends what you are wanting to achieve. If you're here to write for money, you don't need readers from within HP other than to keep you from feeling all alone. However, if you are just writing informative content, like "How to Remove Dog Butt Warts" or something to that effect, then you aren't going to have a tide of regular readership anyway.

If you are writing for adsense money, just make good content. Pick good titles, study up on keywords and niche writing and page layout, etc. Prepare to spend your life reacting to the finicky whims of Google spiders. (I pay a company to eliminate spiders from my life. Irony is fun.)

If you want readers, like as in, people who discover your voice and the way you tell stories, then the forum participation does matter. HP is not a blog site, like Blogspot or Wordpress, but you can still build an audience with it. You won't make much money, but you'll get nice comments and sometimes fun conversations going around your stuff.

Good luck.

KristenN4Boysposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Shadesbreath!

3. Quilligrapher profile image88
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.  I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.