jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Resolved: I have doing some research on REL=AUTHOR TAG| Panda

1. hazelwood4 profile image80
    hazelwood4posted 4 years ago

I have been reading a blog post about this particular tag that could be added to our Hubpages HTML. According to the author of the blog this AUTHOR TAG will tell Google who the original author of an article is.  This tag assists when articles are stolen from Hubpages by scraper sites.  Just curious, does Hubpages.com use this tag already?  Here is the blog post I have been reading if you would like to take a look.

http://www.learn2rank.com/penalized-by- … eed-to-do/

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Get a Google+ account and link to it on your HubPages profile adding
      the ?rel=author bit to the url. You can see how it's done on my profile.

hazelwood4posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Haunty, Thank you so much!  Have you noticed any differences in traffic from Google.com in your traffic?  Also, I noticed that when I search for your article in Google your photo comes up.smile  I think that is really cool!

Yeah well, that's why I did it. Hahah. To be honest, I haven't noticed an increase in traffic, though.

Google + looks like greek to me.smile  Do you have a step by step tutorial on setting the profile and the code up?

Sorry, I'm not active on Google+ at all. As far as I remember, it's a simple process. If you do sign up, make sure you add your sub-domain url to the "Contributor to" and "Links" section on your Google+ profile. This will help Google find you faster on HubPages.

Thank you Haunty.smile  I have it setup on my profile now.  Thank you for the help and the suggestion.  How long does it take for you photo to start appearing in the search engine?

Great! smile It took mine a few days.

2. jacharless profile image80
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Hazel, to my knowledge,
    HP does not apply the meta author=' ' tag on hubs nor sub.domain/hub/title  canonical.
    Although I do not see how effective the ?rel=author addition can be with regard to better indexing of pages or keeping spinners away, I'd go with Haunty's suggestion.
    James.

working