jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Can I copy my Knoji articles and put them on my blog at blogspot

1. tamron profile image61
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I have emailed Knoji countless times for various reasons including removal of my articles never once have I got a reply.  I have asked questions on the help forum to only find no answers.

I want to copy my content and put it on my blog then I want to request that Google takes my Knoji articles off search.

I read the Knoji TOS but I am not sure if coping my own content can get me in legal trouble with Knoji?

I know Google frowns on copied content so I won't publish my copied content until Google has removed the original content from serps.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated Thanks!

1. paxwill profile image81
      paxwillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

from the TOU:

Submission of Content. In order for You to submit Content for publication on the Website, You acknowledge and agree that:

(a) all of Your content will be your own work and all copyrights to such content will be owned by you

(b) all of Your content will be accurate and based on facts and research referenced within your content

(c) all of your content will be submitted according to the Knoji publishing guidelines

License to Content. We do not claim ownership of the Content you submit to us. However, by submitting Content to Knoji, you are granting us the right to display your content on our Website. You may request that we remove your Content from our Website after such Content has been published, and in certain cases we will remove your Content as requested. However, you must provide a reasonable reason for removal of Content published on Knoji, in particular Content for which you have already been paid a non-refundable an upfront royalty.

The "we do not claim ownership" line seems pretty clear to me.  They don't own your content, you do.

2. tamron profile image61
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I realize I own my content.  I also realize I am not earning from my content and they are and they never made any effort at all to fix the problem.  So I figured since it is my content why not put it on my blog.

I am just trying to make sure I don't hang myself in the process.  What would you do in a situation like this?

3. udontnomi profile image60
    udontnomiposted 4 years ago

Since you have compassion and a sharp mind, I suggest that you follow your heart and do what you think is best. Be pro-active. Remember, you can't keep a good man down (species speaking). There are many facets to every personality.