jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Pay for Q&A?

1. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I am $.75 away from getting the first payment...probably some time next month, but I can't see where there is any pay for my Q $ A. When does that come in?

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Q&A go through the Google Adsense program only...

Xenonlitposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I wish they would separate it so we can adjust and improve our questions!

2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Huh?? Is this something new? Wow, I go to the beach for a while and come back out of the loop!

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When Q&As moved to your sub-domain, the questions began to share the adsense impressions.....

You could opt in (transferring questions to sub-domain) several months ago...and it became mandatory recently

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Simey!

3. MarleneBotha profile image76
    MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago

Gee, does it take that long to get your first payment? $50???

1. Helena Ricketts profile image97
      Helena Rickettsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There's a lot of factors involved when it comes to how fast you receive your first payout.  I was here 10 months before I hit my first one.  Missed it in month 9 by less than $3.00.  Some people reach it faster, some take longer.

I think a lot of it depends on what subjects you choose to write about, your views and how many clicks you get on advertisements.  Some categories are worth more to advertisers than others.  The things that I write about are at the lower end when it comes to what advertisers are willing to pay but I write it because they are things I already know about so it doesn't take long to do the articles.

Slow and steady is the key on HubPages.  At least that's how I look at it.

1. MarleneBotha profile image76
        MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'll be fine with it if I wait a year or so before payout... but THREE years and 126 hubs, lol.

Anyway, I've just noticed I still have a lot to learn about Google Adsense... I have no clue about the advertisements, or how any of it works. All I know is that I like to write, and that I can sooner or later get a small income from doing so.

Suppose I'll learn as I go...

2. Aficionada profile image93
          Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have a little perspective, MarleneBotha.

Before the HubPages Ad program was started about a year and a half ago, payout was reached through each program individually. That is, Google and Amazon have their own individual payout levels, and Google's is $100, not $50 (as HubAds is). Once the HubAds program started, a lot of Hubbers switched over to it (instead of Google Adsense), but some did not do so immediately. 

As far as I can tell, you actually have no way of knowing how long someone has been working towards a $50 payout. For all we know (from what I can see in this thread, anyway) she could have been on the HubAds program for only one month - what evidence do we have to know how long it has been? Or to know when the 126 articles were written? Maybe they were all written in the past three months or so? And even if we were actually talking about Google Adsense, we don't really know when someone was accepted into the program, do we?

As Helena Ricketts said, there are numerous factors involved in making payout.

Yes that makes sense...

4. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

Come on! I haven't been writing here for three years!

I signed up three years ago but never wrote here because I wound up making better money elsewhere and still do because they pay up fronts.

1. Helena Ricketts profile image97
      Helena Rickettsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There's a lot of people that have done that.  I have accounts that I signed up with months ago with other sites like this one that I haven't written anything for yet.  I plan to, one of these days.  smile

I didn't notice that you signed up three years ago.  Otherwise, I would have mentioned that you more than likely signed up on the site WAY before you started writing anything.

Xenonlitposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Really! It looked like too much work to start at a new site when I was already working at two others. I enjoyed this writing platform, though, and thought I would give it a try. But I want upfront payments plus the pennies for views. It's impossible, otherwise.

working