jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Insight for New Hubbers from Successful Hubbers

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image74
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

Calling Successful Hubbers:
    On average, how many hours a day do you spend on HubPages?  I just thought the answers may shed a little light for new hubbers on what it takes to become successful.

1. Jenna Pope profile image60
      Jenna Popeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I write almost all day long -- more on Hub than anywhere else, but I do have a couple of clients that I write for. My goal is to be able to write Hubs only. It is so much fun. I am also putting my work through social media and that seems to help bring up what I make.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

To make money? 0 hours. My work makes money on its own now, and I'd rather work on my own websites.

3. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 4 years ago

It's not so much the amount of time you spend everyday on HubPages, its the quality of what you achieve while on here that really makes a difference. With that in mind, one hour could conceivably be more productive than many more. Each writer is different, but perhaps some kind of system would help. For example, if not actively engaged writing a story, or answering comments, one could allocate an hour reading and commenting on other writers' hubs, then maybe thirty minutes for answers and forums. Many combos of activities are possible but you get the idea. The point is to get the most out of the time, whatever it is, you do spend on the site.

4. 0
    jenuboukaposted 4 years ago

If I may make a suggestion for you... I have read some of your hubs and while they have some great info; they could be longer and more in depth.  Perhaps aim for 1000 words, 5 links, and original photos.  Other than that; just keep going.  It takes time, and lots of effort!  You will do it!