jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Stumble Upon

1. Anonymous00 profile image79
    Anonymous00posted 4 years ago

Question regarding stumble upon views. I've made an account and added a few articles from my profile here. I've had 0 views thus far from Stumble but I have actively used the service to rate 30 or so articles so far. Does anyone have any tips for getting results when it comes to SU? I;ve had the account for maybe 3 days. Reddit and Digg are very straight forward so no issues there. I also haven't configured my Stumble account to Facebook. I couldn't see that being the issue though. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.

1. peeples profile image88
      peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is this based on what your hubpages statistics say or what stumbleUpon says? My reasoning is I have been doing stubleupon for a couple months and they still say I have had zero views, yet my hubpages traffic sources shows I have had views from there. I do recall it taking a few days before it started showing stumbleupon as a traffic source.

Anonymous00posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was referring to what my Stumble Upon was displaying in the profile. Hubpages stats are perfectly fine. Probably going to have to wait a few more days until the hits start to post to SU. Thanks smile

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have been on SU for years, and I still show no views there.

2. nanderson500 profile image90
      nanderson500posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've also heard that pinterest is good and am planning on using that. You may want to try that instead.

2. tamron profile image62
    tamronposted 4 years ago

Since they upgraded the site I don't get many page views at all when I use to get better traffic at Stumble than any other site.

This was my assumption when I signed up lol smile So that's why I posted because I thought maybe I may have been missing a step. But I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. big_smile

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

IMO, Stumbleupon, Digg and Reddit all provide low quality, single traffic influxes and aren't worth the time. The only social media promotion platform I will use is Pinterest as it's still relatively easy to generate thousands of views.

It's better to work on onpage promotion and backlinks and keywords.

Now just to clarify while were on the topic of promotion. Are we allowed to promote in lets say forums or message boards related to our niche? I actually did sign up for Pintrest but its in some beta invite only state so I'm waiting to see if I'll be able to get an account.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can easily get a Pinterest invite, just ask someone to send you an invite.

You're allowed to promote as long as you don't spam (break the rules of the sites where you're promoting.) And it's against Adsense ToS to advertise on traffic exchanges.

4. KBEvolve profile image81
    KBEvolveposted 4 years ago

Both Stumble and Digg have gone down hill.

With regards to digg. Unless I'm doing something wrong, they completely over hauled their system recently and I'm unable to actually view what links I've submitted to these people. The system should automatically check if you by mistake submit an article more than once. But I don't think they've gotten this feature fully implemented yet. Unless ofcourse I'm looking in the wrong location. But it seems there is no way to pull up a list of submissions. And when you have so many hubs, its unfortunate that there wouldn't be a system integrated to accomplish this.

working