jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

deleted hub

1. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 4 years ago

If I delete a hub because it has had no traffic and because it is an older one that wasn't really any good anyway, do I do something else do deindex it on Google?

1. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The advice most Hubbers give about this is:  don't delete  a Hub.  Try and improve it in some way.  Sounds like you have already decided to delete it, though.

2. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can go to your Google webmaster tools and manually ask Google to remove it from the index, but it will be automatically removed with weeks if not days, even if you do nothing.

If you are planning on re-using it elsewhere, I hope you checked that no-one had copied it first, else it could make re-publishing on another site difficult.

2. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

I will delete a Hub when I have completely lost interest in it.  Which means that if I won't work to improve it or know I won't improve it in the future, it's G-O-N-E.  I don't need to be carrying dead weight on my HubPages account.  And when you delete these type of Hubs, the better off you will be because you can actually see what your account looks like.  I have no problem deleting Hubs at all.  But I do believe some Hubbers keep all of their Hubs because they feel that someday, the duds will rise and bring them plenty of traffic.  Good luck with that!  I'm not waiting for any of my duds to turn stellar on me at any time!

3. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 4 years ago

Arlene - I do believe that a dud is a dud and would certainly not wish to publish it elsewhere. Why clutter up the place with an article that no one wants to read and that I don't even like my own self!

Thank you - I thought we had to go into Webmaster tools.

4. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Delores, I really hate a lot of my Hubs from last year, so I make them go away and concentrate on writing new ones.  LOL!.  Thank you for your Forum post!