jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

KNOWN ISSUE: Problems with the "suggest links" function

1. christopheranton profile image80
    christopherantonposted 4 years ago

Has anyone else been having problems with the "suggest links" function? When I use it, all that happens is that it gives me links that just link to the hub I am trying to put it on. I then have to edit the hub in order to take them off. I have "cleared the cache" on Internet Explorer, which is the browser I use, but there is no improvement. Do I need to do the same on Firefox and Google Chrome? I never use them to access HubPages. Are there any suggestions as to how I might overcome this problem, or should I just wait until it rectifies itself? Is it just a HubPages software glitch?

christopherantonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've just tried it on Firefox and Google Chrome. It doesn't even begin to work on either of those.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
        Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only current issue of which we are aware that is affecting the Suggest Link tool is related to Internet Explorer.

You computer is indicating you are using Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7.
        Are you only using it to access the Forums and not edit your Hubs?

I have tested several times today using both Firefox 14 and Chrome 21 in Windows 7 and the suggest link tool is working for me.

What version of Firefox and Chrome are you using?

Have you cleared your browser cache?
        You can find browser cache clearing instructions in this thread:

christopherantonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did clear the browser cache with Explorer as that is the only Browser I use with HubPages. I may do the same with the others as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

2. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

There are several forum threads about how the suggest links tool doesn't or does work.

Here's one:

and here's another:

Take a look through these to see if any of the info in them helps.

Closed to reply