jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is it ok to put Hubs on BO.LT?

1. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 4 years ago

After a brief look, BO.LT seems to be a pin board similar to Pinterest, the main difference being that you can bookmark anything on this website not just pictures. However, BO.LT seems to copy the webpages that you bookmark, including Hubs. My question is: does this create duplicate content?

I've found Hubs on BO.LT.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is dup content. Once its on another site, it needs to be taken down, OR, the Hub needs to be deleted.

Hubs on HubPages are to be single, unique entities on the site and not found in any other place on the internet.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Is it dup content though?

I had a look at some of the hubs shown in search using Haunty's link, and when I right-click and choose 'view source' it seems I am seeing HP's Adsense account number in there, so the content isn't duplicated, but rather re-directed in some way back to the original.

All the links in the related hubs section seem to go directly to the hubs featured there too.

By the way, some of the hubs promoted over there are dreadful - no wonder the authors felt the need to create artificial backlinks!

3. Helena Ricketts profile image96
    Helena Rickettsposted 4 years ago

@IzzyM- Did you notice that when you look at the hubs that it shows you as not being signed into HubPages?  When I clicked on the related links, it shows me as being signed in again.

That made me suspicious (I'm always suspicious of these kind of sites though!)  I Googled the first paragraph of one of the hubs and got this result:

I really hope you can see it, the forum photos are always so darn small. 

It's duplicate content.  I really hope no one tries to sign in using one of those pages.

4. Green Bard profile image91
    Green Bardposted 4 years ago

I clicked on this thread to find out what B.O.L.T is!  Now I know I don't think I will bother with it!