jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Suggestion: Removing space between lines

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 4 years ago

I want to suggest the option to remove the space between lines when typing into a Hub, not necessarily as a permanent rule but just as an option to remove it.

I'm sure the space comes in handy for writing paragraphs but when writing poetry I find my layout looking rather messy. And sometimes I would spend ages trying to rearrange spacing so that the next line would be directly underneath.

At the moment I can see any down-sides to this and am sure it could come in handy as just an option. I'm not a computer whiz but I don't think it would take a lot of time to add this option into the text capsules.

If anyone does have a solution that I obviously haven't worked out just let me know

2. Reality Bytes profile image95
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

I backspace out the white lines between text boxes.  If the cursor is below the text it leaves space.  If beside the text, there is no space between capsules.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I believe there is a paragraphing type for poetry already, isn't there? Or I think you can write it in word and copy/paste.

4. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 4 years ago

I meant actually writing in the capsule, I already worked out the trick to get space in between capsules but thanks anyway.

What I was thinking was when I am typing a new paragraph it is written like a paragraph, but in a poem when I press enter to go to the next line it leaves a gap there. I can understand this is useful between paragraphs but I find it looks unattractive in poems etc.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

RB is right smile it's best to write then copy and paste into HP capsules. This way, you have the original work on hand, and seems to carry the 'format' used, over into HP. I write in a WP then copy to NP then into HP and format remains somewhat the same.

6. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

If you hit Shift+Enter instead of just Enter, this won't happen.