jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Ads question

1. Waggamania profile image59
    Waggamaniaposted 4 years ago

Hi

I'm new to hubpages. I have a question regarding google ads on my hubs. The ads that appear on my hubs are sometimes from companies or for products that I am ethically opposed to. Indeed my hubs actively discourage their use. I do not have an adsense account as yet because I have not posted sufficient content. I am assuming that there is little I can do about hubpages allowing these ads on my hubs without stopping ads altogether. However, am I right in thinking that to stop ads would mean I lose my amazon feature aswell? I'm also assuming that as a professional in my field, to put a link to my website on the hub makes it commercial and, therefore, not eligible to disable ads anyway. Am I stuck with these ads until I can reduce their frequency in adsense?
    I dare say this question has been answered many times, but I can't find the answer. I would be grateful for any help that anyone can offer

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

You don't lose your Amazon.

Try different keywords or topics to encourage different adverts?
    I don't see how a link will make it commercial.

1. profile image0
      jenuboukaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you don't have an adsense account yet, why don't you just turn them off. Can we still do that?  I thought there was a way in the edit mode to adjust the ads...

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes but you have to state it's not commercial.

1. profile image0
          jenuboukaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah, Gotcha...

3. Waggamania profile image59
    Waggamaniaposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the interest. I appreciate it. I tried disabling the ads but I get a warning message about commercial content. I think it's because I have external links in the body of the hub! Anyway, I ve put a disclaimer at the bottom of the hub and the unwelcome ads don't seem to be running very often. I noticed that a few hubbers in similar niches experience the same issue so I guess I'll just have to put up with it since I don't want to lose the links ( they are too informative).
    Thanks again

working