My first film review

1. JakeFrost profile image62
    JakeFrostposted 4 years ago

Hi guys, this is my first film review... Ever … ilm-Review

Could you please tell me what sort of things I could add or how I could improve?

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

The writing is solid, didn't find any typos or grammar (though I confess I didn't have my proofreader glasses on, so take that for what it's worth. Nothing leaped out at me at least). I think you do a good job summing up the plot, maybe even more than you need to. It's pretty short, just under 500 words, so if you wanted to add some meat to it, you could talk about other things:strength of performances by actors, various character effectiveness, compared it to the book (I'm assuming there was a book), special effect quality, pacing, directorial decisions (length to story arc), writing quality, etc. Any of those might be useful for adding bulk. I know for me, when I read a book or movie review, a plot summary is almost the part I dread, because I don't want any spoilers (I don't feel you have any in there). I don't mind a brief basic plot explanation, but if I'm going to be moved to buy a ticket (or a copy/DVD etc.) a review should dig into the quality of the product in more precise ways, from different angles.

I do think you have a solid foundation though, and if you're just after keyword and search, it's probably fine, though short. I'm not sure the layout is very comfortable visually. The trailer at the top is okay if you really like it there, but the image ought to be moved down in with the text in my opinion, because there's just a lot of empty space before your article finally shows up.