jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Advice on profile information.

1. aka-dj profile image78
    aka-djposted 4 years ago

I have noticed several people write a profile of themselves, but put it all into one solid block.

No paragraph division at all.

I find them annoying to read. In fact, I don't even read them. that's how off-putting I find them.

If you are one who does this, please change it.
    I will read them if it's broken up into easier to read chunks.

What's your thoughts?

1. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Really? I hope this isnt your biggest worry in life.

1. aka-dj profile image78
        aka-djposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, it's not.

I recognise it's only a minor issue, but it's not just big issues I discuss here.

I even joke around at times. lol

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just don't read them. And unless there's some reason why I think the hubs will be different, I don't read the hubs after I see that either, as I take it of a sign of what's to come.

2. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 4 years ago

I know what you mean, aka-dj.  I've noticed that in other places, too, and it really is hard to read. I've been know to copy and paste a text into wordpad, just so I could separate it into paragraphs so I could actually read it without losing my place, lol.

3. profile image0
    Leela Rainelleposted 4 years ago

I agree that it does not make the best read to have large blocks of text anywhere.

It tricks your brain into thinking that there is more information than their really is.

Whereas, your brain seeing white space allows it to immediately recognize the information as small snippets.

That's why they say (statistically) employers prefer resumes with a lot of white space.

I'm over-exaggerating with the amount I'm breaking up this post, but you get the idea.

4. getmefive profile image61
    getmefiveposted 4 years ago

i'm new and have no clue what your talking about at present........i'll reply with confidence in 2013

1. Six G Eddie profile image61
      Six G Eddieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

New? Don't drop the soap.

1. getmefive profile image61
        getmefiveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

yes new today.....and i already understand your a fruit....thx

5. Six G Eddie profile image61
    Six G Eddieposted 4 years ago

If you dn't like my profile, step off, chump.

6. That Grrl profile image79
    That Grrlposted 4 years ago

Some HubPages posts are big blocks of text too. They probably wonder why they don't have many readers or commenters. Same for those in love with ALL CAPS.

Of course, some stuff is just personal preferences. Some people don't like a post which is too spaced out - where each sentence is a paragraph.

7. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 4 years ago

My pet peeve are Hubbers who don't give any information on themselves at all!  They will just have one or two sentences about themselves.  I like to know a little more about someone.

working