Are You Googleable?

1. iyazam profile image60
    iyazamposted 7 years ago

The other day I met a website marketing guru, well he claimed to be a guru. When I came home and "Googled" his name - there were not many results that showed up. It kind of lead me to the decision not to use his services.

The bottom line is are you Googleable? Are you showing up in the search engines? If people are seeking a service provider in your area - does your name show up on the first pages of Google? So many people fail to understand this.

Today I was at the Jeff Pulver breakfast in Jerusalem. There I met someone who told me that he attends every single networking event he can find..."I need all of the networking I can get...", so I asked him - how is business going? 'Well not great....the results from these events have not been that great". I asked him whether he appears in the search engines...his answer was no. Today it is so natural for us that when we hear about or meet someone new we will Google their name, especially when it comes to business.

Focus on writing informative articles and submitting them to article directories, focus on optimizing yourself for the search engines. This can be an unbelievable tool for attracting new customers and clients to your business

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

You should expand this subject to make a hub on "how to".

I am not 'in business' except for selling a few books. My book title can be found easily. My name can also be found.

One thing to realize about searching names is: More than one person can have the same name.
    With mine (even though I have a first name that is somewhat uncommon), there is a talented ketubbah artist, a notable pediatric neurosurgeon, a sporting goods salesperson, a white supremicist and a few others who use the same name I (we) do. None of these are me, but I'm in there too.

3. dineane profile image85
    dineaneposted 7 years ago

Rochelle, I used to be the only "dineane" that showed up on google search results, but lately there are a few others. In particular a teenager on myspace is making me look like more of party girl than I really am :-)

It can definitely be tricky to rely on search results for people!