jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Social Problems/Violence

1. ComfortB profile image85
    ComfortBposted 4 years ago

Sudden rise in sporadic, senseless killings of innocent lives that caused heart wrenching pain on society at large. Aurora, Colorado has had it's share. The latest, at a Sikh worship center in Milwaukee, WI. America, where did we go wrong?

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello, Ms. Comfort.

“We” did not go wrong. The world contains many sick people and many, many more guns. Combine the two and you have the theater shooting in Aurora and the Sikh Temple massacre in Milwaukee.  It is likely to happen again unless our society finds a way to reduce the number of sick people or to curtail the number of guns.

Thanks for asking, Ms. Comfort.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

ComfortBposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And to think that there are more guns than people in the South. Just kidding.

How did we suddenly get alll these sick people any way? We didn't seem to had that many when we all use to sit around our black and white TV watching "Little house on the Praire".

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

It is heartbreaking sad and not sure how one would tackle such a problem. I'd think, maybe somebody in mental healthcare, should be noted to the police? and checked to see if they own a gun but then, removing their constitutional right becomes a issue tongue definitely something to be examined though. Blessings and prayers to those affected.

ComfortBposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The problem is "A nation that doesn't stand for something will have nothing to stand on". Who said that? Me. My point? It's partly the result of our moral decline.

3. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Word does go around about a civilisation falling does start from within and most likely, from the top tongue

working