jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

SUGGESTION: Trouble locating reason to flag a hub

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

I prefer the old way to flag a hub (I don't remember when you changed it.)

Back in the day the different "reasons for flagging" used to really stand out (and I could easily remember which reasons were in which order), but now I have trouble locating the correct reason in the list. Maybe it's a spacing issue, I don't know, but it seems it's harder to differentiate. I feel I flag less often than before because of this... I don't know.. it's just so hard to read. :'(

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I just checked it out now. Moreover, there's no way to leave a comment to help the team. I used to always tell them what was the exact problem with a particular hub.

1. melbel profile image92
        melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can. After you click the reason, a text box drops down.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok nice smile I guess HP is becoming better, I hop around 5 hubs a day or so and usually I'd have to flag 3/5 but past 3 days didn't have to flag any.

2. derek gulbranson profile image81
      derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi melbel. Thanks for letting us know about this.  When we worked on that new flagging interface I discovered there are actually many ways and places to flag a Hub. Are you referring to flagging Hubs from the Hub page, the Hopper, the feed, or someplace else?

On the Hub page, the way the "flag" link is exposed is almost identical. (It used to say "flag this hub". I felt "this hub" was superfluous.) I'm looking at screenshots of the old flagging interface and it's really identical in the descriptions it exposes and when it exposes them. The major difference is that previously the titles were gigantic and all bunched together, which I felt looked unprofessional.

I think there's probably some room for some additional spacing around the menu items which might make them easier to visually parse as separate elements. I'll see if I can adjust it some more.

I'm just noticing the reasons currently appear to be in random order. Alphabetical might be better. (Though, they are in the same order they were in the previous interface.)

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I've never had any problem flagging hubs, or seeing the boxes to tick for reasons why.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ditto.

working