jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

1. 0
    simplelady50posted 4 years ago

My Hubpage URL does not match or correspond with the title or content of my page. How can this be fixed?
    My page is about photography and the URL lists it as cooking/recipes.
    Also, at the  bottom of my page are links to cooking and recipe sites instead of photography.

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It looks to me like the first word in your profile is being used to classify your hub. Your hub is rather short, can you add more so it will be indexed?

1. 0
        simplelady50posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I probably can, I'm new and just started today. Still trying to figure all this out. I wonder if it would be better if I just delete this one and start fresh? You know, do over.

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It has been my experience that Google does not pay much attention these days to the url.  I have several hubs that do not correspond with my title or subject from when I first started as well. They are not showing any "less" views than my other hubs so I have have left them.

Also, to get a new work indexed, you can go to Google Webmaster Tools, locate your domain here, click on "health", then "fetch with Google"....once you have it fetched, you have the option to submit it to be indexed.  I do that with new material or updated material simply to not rely on when Google may drop by and index it on their own.

I would not delete your first hub. Use that one to learn the in and outs of the site on, continue to edit it and tweak it as you learn more, then go from there.

By the way, WELCOME to HubPages! It is great to have you here!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did you start off with one title and change it? But like Dale said, it doesn't really matter. Also, your current title is not descriptive enough.

Your hub is way, way too short and too personal. You should aim for at least 500 words. This is more like an intro that could be on your profile.

I see photography hubs linked at the bottom of this one.