jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

html paste

1. vintage chic profile image77
    vintage chicposted 7 years ago

Hi guys-
    Boy, do I feel stupid. I have just posted my first hub. Now, here is my question. I using Adsense, I assumed that the "copy and paste" of ads is a simple..copy and paste. However, when I highlight the html for the ad, and click "copy" and then go to my hubpage, the "paste" button under edit is not highlighted, and I have NO IDEA where to put the ad, anyway!
    Hub couldn't help me with this part. Adsense has VERY good explanations about doing stuff, but they lost me here..maybe I need to re-read many times. I am using Windows XP on my computer. Thanks for the help!

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Adsense ads are automatically formatted into your hubs.  You do not get a choice where they go, so much.  There are ways you can organize your hubs to "force" ad sections into a certain format, but all you have to do to display ads is publish a hub.

Make sure you've read http://hubpages.com/faq/ - it's really helpful! smile

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you're trying to paste in ad code, you didn't read the above.  You don't paste ads into Hubs.

3. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

Vintage chic

Make sure you have placed your AdSense code in your AdSense "affiliate settings" at your accounts page...

Once this has done, as gamegirl explained, you dont need to worry about placing ads on your hub yourself!smile

4. vintage chic profile image77

Thanks, you guys..for help with the Adsense thing!!

1. Stephen M profile image60
      Stephen Mposted 7 years ago in reply to this

same goes for amazon and ebay and etc.

5. vintage chic profile image77

Happy New Year! Thanks to all of you with your help on Adsense. Well...I'm back!! I now have two hubs(whoo-hooh) and an adsense code that is just hanging! Here's my question..
    I have the adsense code, I know how to go to edit and hit copy and highlight the code, but I also know you can't paste it in edit. When I go to "view" and hit "source" nothing happens. According to adsense I should see the html for the page come up, so I can put the code in between the body tags, but that's not happening. I know I can paste the code into Notepad, but then what do I do? Should I be doing this in a text capsule? I know the text capsule has the html editor thing. Help! Tell it to me slow, guys, like you're showing me how to boil water.   What do I do with the hanging adsense code? 
    thanks again-
    Vintage Chic
    Adsense illiterate