jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it true that Hubpages are offering a new profile format?

1. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 4 years ago

Got a link to click on which led me to Cloudexplorer who claims to work at Hubpages  (?) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= … nt_count=1

I supidly clicked on this link that he recommends so as I could upgrade my profile (he says this is the way to do it) http://josh3418.hubpages.com/

Now I consider myself webwise when it comes to giving out my passwords at random sites but have done exactly what I tell others NOT to do... I clicked on the link and brainlessly inputted my hubpages password (which I have now changed directly on the site).  This could have led to a hijacking of my account. 

Firstly, let this be a heads up to everyone - a warning not to let your internet guard down.
    Secondly, if this cloudexplorer and all he claims is genuine and not a mirror site to catch people's passwords, why on earth does hubpages use a profile like josh3418 as primary for other hubpages writers to update their new profile format?

Is it true, therefore, that Hubpages are offering a new profile format or is this Cloudexplorer trying to get us to compromise our password security?  Can someone enlighen me?

1. wrenfrost56 profile image82
      wrenfrost56posted 4 years ago

Hubpages does have the option to change your profile format (I just read the hp blog, it explains it all on there) but you have to do it via a hubpages staff member page. I don't know if this josh is one of them or not, but from what you have said it sounds like you did the right thing by changing your password etc, just in case. 

I have yet to change over yet, but it does look pretty awesome, I looked at Robins. It would be interesting to see what others think actually. smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I believe that you can click on Update My Profile from any new profile page.   I've seen it at the top of each new profile page.

3. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 4 years ago

I did it from a fellow hubber that I trust... seems to work fine now!  Looks like hubpages are working on viral internet.

Thanks for you both for replying smile