jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Odd change in traffic

1. jm72writes profile image87
    jm72writesposted 4 years ago

I check my stats every day on my hubs and they usually vary from about 30 views to 50 on good days.  The last two days have seen a drastic increase that makes no sense to me at all.  I'm getting around 150 views, some on hubs that never see traffic.  I'm just wondering if something in the stats is messed up.  Does anyone know of any issues on Hubpages?  While I'd love to believe I'm getting a real increase in traffic, I really think it's doubtful to increase by triple in one day so there has to be another explanation.

1. healthmanager profile image84
      healthmanagerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The opposite happened to me! I have around 200 views per day but today my views showed 21 only.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Are you connected to Google Analytics?

Where are the views coming from?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
      PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

WryLilt is correct.  You can only make sense of views if you know where they are coming from.

Having said that, my traffic has generally been very low for the past few months, but I've seen some relatively big and unusual Google.com surges on a handful of them recently, though usually only temporary.  Whereas previously (end of 2011/start of 2012) my traffic was generally good with a few individual hubs suffering drastic drops, now the situation is the opposite!

3. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 4 years ago

Sudden bursts of traffic lately appears to be coming from Pinterest on my hubs...so maybe check that too.....

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

It could be a number of things.  It's best to check and see where they're coming from, google? HubPages? Facebook?  Twitter, etc. I've noticed hubbers are updating the new profile which could be bringing in views if your profile shows up on other hubber's profile page.  You're also an apprentice, perhaps a fellow apprentice is sharing the hub love.  Your hubs could be gaining in the SERPs.  Enjoy, hope it continues!