jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

No Backlinks in Bio Section of Profile Page

1. securityproducts3 profile image60
    securityproducts3posted 4 years ago

Is there anyway I can go back to the old profile once I switched to the new one? I am very disappointed in Hubpages for taking away the feature of putting backlinks in the Bio Section of our profile. Many of us constantly strive to write unique quality content in our Hubs, so it blows me away that you would take that away from us. I know that you have provided the new, "links" section but that method is dead in SEO now a days. PLEASE bring back the option to embed links in that section!

1. Faybe Bay profile image83
      Faybe Bayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I finally got invited to write a piece for a web site. They put a link back to HP for me and I said I would put a link to my article on my profile page. Then I found out I couldn't, made me feel like a heel.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Guess you missed the part where it was specifically emphasized that you can't go back to the old design once you switched over, huh?

1. securityproducts3 profile image60
        securityproducts3posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep, kicking myself for not reading the details...

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
          rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On relevant hubs, you can embed links.

2. Faybe Bay profile image83

Hey Relache! I didn't see you, you're probably gone now, and no, it's just like Facebook, once you switch you can't go back.

1. relache profile image87
          relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Gone?  I'm about two weeks into my seventh year here and have no plans to depart the site.

As for Facebook, I am not a member/user of that site.

no I meant gone from the forum for the night, hahaha I couldn't imagine Hub Pages without you!

3. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have hesitated to switch because I am not sure about if Google will pick up the link to my profile on Google+ which is required for me to be listed under "authorship" on Google.  It is my understanding as well, that while we have the "option" to switch now to the new profile layout, in the future it simple will become the profile layout, with all profiles being switched to the new format.

With that in mind, I am working it all out in my mind on how I need to do things and what I need to do.

2. calculus-geometry profile image87
    calculus-geometryposted 4 years ago

I was hesitant to switch to the new profile layout because I didn't want to sacrifice my links either, but after looking at other people's new profiles, I decided that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.  For one thing, you can still place relevant links in your articles. And since there's a slideshow of your featured hubs with all of your other hubs shown below, visitors might be more likely to click on something that interests them. It's more aesthetically pleasing than the old profile, which might keep visitors on the page longer. Overall I think it could help to bring more traffic to your hubs.

Basically I realized it didn't do me any good to fret over the lost links since my Hubpages is going to make the change to everyone's profile eventually, probably soon.

and they do look a lot more professional.

working